Tuesday, March 1, 2011




Web. 01 Mar. 2011. .

This is an ad I saw at the movie theater. What was funny was that I saw it after I complained about how expensive concessions were on top of the outrageous ticket prices. It really is a good deal if you are like me and don't like to spend one thousand dollars at the movies.

When I first saw the add I got really excited because I thought that concession prices were finally dropping. I suddenly realized it said stimulus Tuesday, and that these prices were only valid on Tuesday's. Now, in the summer a movie on a Tuesday night is okay, but during the school year no one's parents allows them to go to the movie theater on a Tuesday.

This move by the theater was pretty good. They realized that if they lowered concession prices on a Tuesday night that they would get more customers and the revenue wouldn't suffer because they would gain more people and make up for the price drop because before the discount there were less people coming.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah--what's up with the $15 popcorn and coke? I've been known to smuggle in a coke in my purse. I hope no one from the theater is reading this!

    ReplyDelete