Thursday, October 15, 2009

Book Review

Nancy Osa's Cuba 15 was a cute and funny story.

Violet is the main character. She has just turned fifteen and her Abuela wants to throw her a quinceanero. The party is supposed to be traditional, but Violet isn't so sure she wants it that way. During the story Violet starts to ask questions about her cuban culture. It isnt easy because talking about Cuba is a touchy subject.

I enjoy the way Nancy Osa writes. This story was funny and laid-back. The story isnt the kind of story that stresses the reader out, everything kind of just flows.

This story reminds me of the old MTV series Sweet Sixteen. In this episode a girl who was Cuban threw a quince, and she really didn't know much about her culture either. She didn't bother to ask questions though.

I felt like this book taught me to always ask questions about my culture.

I would DEFINITLY recommend this book to anyone. The story is funny, but not funny in a way that the story doesn't send out a message. I really enjoyed the story, and I think that many people would enjoy it also.

277 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment