Wednesday, October 7, 2009

H.G. Wells' The Time Machine shocked me with it weird, but entertaining story.
The Time Traveller is the main character. He is a very animated character. He has a wide range of emotions. He ha a huge temper tantrum when an unfortunate event happens. There are two groups of people from the future. They are the Eloi and the Morlocks. The Eloi live above ground, and look more like humans. The Time Traveller spends more time with them, he even learns a little of their language. The Morlocks live underground, the have more ape-like features. The Eloi are very scared of the Morlocks.
The story takes place in a village, in the future. The Eloi and Morlocks live in this area. This place where the story takes places has huge buildings, tall columns, and a wooded hill-side.
The story reminds me of a show I used to watch when I was younger called The Time Warp Trio. The show was about three kids who would travel through time, and end up in sticky situations.
Finally, this book was better than i though. I ended up enjoying the story. I thought I was in for a boring ride. To tell the truth, I would not recommend this book to my friends. This book is the type of book that does not need a recommendation because everyone will have to read it in English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment