Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK DAY!!

Since today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I thought I would do this blog topic on him. I know writing about him is very cliche, but I really do respect and appreciate him. His stand was a result of many stands. That all led up to his speech at Washington D.C.



In this speech he basically called out the whole country, and said that we need to be treat each other equally. That was some serious bravery. If I was in his position, I would have totally chickened out. That's why I respect him so much. As I type this, I am in awe of his bravery. In all of the things he did. That took some serious guts!

All that he did during the civil rights movement definitely affects my whole life. If Martin Luther King and all of the other civil rights leaders didn't do all that they did. I wouldn't be writing blog, I wouldn't go to Batesville High School, and most of all I wouldn't be in this country. Also my home country would still be under the apartheid regime, and that would be most unfortunate. Even though he took a stand for people everywhere, I feel like he took one for me

2 comments:

  1. I heard he was shady man...
    But anyways that was a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wrote a blog and mentioned Martin Luther King Jr. Actually, it was about another holiday that I recently heard of that some people celebrate instead of his holiday. For the record, I do not support their actions. But anyway, mine was about Robert E. Lee Day.

    ReplyDelete