Monday, January 18, 2010

TAKING A STAND!

Many people in history have taken stands for what they believe in. There was Martin Luther, Gandhi, Rosa Parks, and many more. Their actions were far greater compared to mine. The things they did affected the world, and are still present in our lives today. I hope that one day I can take a stand for something and that act change the world. For now I'll stick to the small stands I take on the bus.

I remember one day on the bus, a guy who rides my bus was talking about how God wasn't real and how Christians were wasting their time believing in him. At first I just kept quiet and let him state his opinion, but after twenty minutes I couldn't listen to him much longer. So I decided to confront him.

First I told him that I believed in God and that I didn't appreciate his comments. Then he said that I was wasting my time. Then I told him that he was entitled to his opinion and that I wasn't going to force my religion on him, but I wasn't going to tolerate him bashing Christians like that. Then he apologized for offending people. Then I said that everything was all good.

Even though what I did wasn't really a big movement. I was still very proud of myself, because I didn't let someone talk crazy about what was very important to me.



2 comments:

  1. That is an uplifting story. Thanks Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nice one. Good job standing up for your beliefs. Unfortunately I know quite a few people that would have just kept quiet the entire time, and perhaps even acted as if they agreed just to pacify him. Quite sad really.

    ReplyDelete