Friday, December 18, 2009

Julius Caeser

My English class had to read Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. The Book is basically about how a group of men decide to kill Caesar and try to justify their actions.

Even though the book is titled Julius Caesar, the story focuses more on Brutus. Brutus and a few other men are angered by Caesar. So they decide to kill him. After they kill Caesar, the men must now find a way to show the people that killing Caesar was imperative to Rome's well-being.

The style of the book is in classic Shakespearean writing. He uses Iambic Pentameter. He also uses Old English. Which, I guess, was just plain English back when the play was written.

The story is set during the ancient Roman Empire, around 44 B.C.. We get a glimpse of the society in the book too. The book shows how women were looked upon in those days. The book also talks about traditional events like, The Feast at Lupercal.

I would not recommend this book to people who enjoy light-hearted books. I also wouldn't recommend this book to people who don't like challenges when they read. Trust me this, book is a challenge. I had to look up meanings to a lot of words. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy really deep and challenging books.

No comments:

Post a Comment