Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Winning. What does it really mean?- writers notebook

When people think of winning they usually think of something like a sporting event or competition, where one team wins and the other loses. That example is very black and white. To me, winning means reaching a goal.

Winning does not always mean receiving a tangible reward. Earlier I said winning meant reaching a goal. One example could be, if your goal was reading a book at a higher caliber than you're used to, and you reach it, you still get the feeling of success, even though you don't receive a medal.

One thing think I'm proud of winning is the Middle School talent show. Yes, I did receive a trophy. Getting up on stage and actually being able to sing the song was enough for me, even if I didn't win the feeling of accomplishment was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Winnig is EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on Wendy's definition, winning is a decent portion of everything anyway.

    ReplyDelete