Thursday, December 17, 2009

Book Review: She Said Yes

Stories, like this one, reaffirm my faith in God. This book is one of the two books that have actually made me cry. Misty Bernall's She Said Yes inspired me with its story of a present day martyr.

The book is about Cassie Bernall's life before the tragic shooting at Columbine High School. The author Misty Bernall is Cassie's mother. In the book she talks about Cassie's past. I was shocked to read about the letter Cassie and her friends wrote about killing people. I was also shocked to read that she was so unruly, and that she hung out with a terrible group of kids. The best part was reading about how Cassie had gotten saved and started going to her church willingly.

I like how the book is set up. Most of it is written by Misty Bernall, but some parts were written my Cassie's Dad. Other parts were letters from friends that talked about the memories the shared with Cassie before she died. Even though sometimes I would get confused on who was telling the story, I like how it had different points of view on Cassie.

I would recommend this book for everyone. Anyone male or female would appreciate this book. The book really makes the reader think about what they would say if they were in Cassie's situation. She showed so much courage. I still don't what I would say, yes or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment