Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens

"This book is gonna be terrible!" That is what I said in my head when Mrs Gillmore announced that our class was going to read Seven habits. After I read the first chapter I realized that the book wasn't so bad. I actually ended up enjoying the book and applying the tips to my life.

Sean Covey's The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens changed my whole outlook on different aspects of life.

One of the chapters that really helped me was the Seek First To Understand, Then Be Understood chapter. It helped me because I would listen to people, but I wouldn't truly be listening. I was an avid advisor, turns out I wasn't really helping people like I thought I was. The book taught me the mirroring method. The book also said that mirroring isn't mimicking, but it is actually trying to truly understand what the other person is saying by repeating the meaning, not the words.

One of the Habit that I still need to work on is the Sharpen The Saw-Brain. I have a problem with blowing off homework for watching television and getting on the computer. That is the biggest reason I never make the grades I want to make in school.

This book should be read by every teenager on the face of the Earth. Sean Covey wrote this book in an easy to understand and humorous format. So there isn't really a dull moment in the book. The tips in this book are great and teenagers can actually apply them to their lives. It may be hard at first, but the overall outcome is worth the struggle. I really believe this book will be beneficial to anyone who may read it

No comments:

Post a Comment